- The Wild Rose Network
Dale - VE6CPK, Pat - VE6CPT, Walter - VE6ANI, and Mike - VE6AMC have
very active in Amateur Radio since the early 1980's. Here a summary
of their accomplishments:
* = Working in co-operation with Aaron Hughes, VE6FQ.
is a summary of our achievements. Watch for our current
- The first long range simplex phone patch. (patch supplied by
- The installation of a home built repeater by Mike VE6AMC,
VE6TWO 147.390 MHz.
- The installation of a 130 foot Beatty Tower. Apr/84.
- The installation of an advanced repeater controller.The RC-850
from ACC (Advanced Computer Controls).
- The foundation of SARA (Southern Alberta Repeater Association).
- The installation of Alberta's first successful solar powered
a mountain top (SugarLoaf). VE6ONE ran for over 5 years.
- The installation of a HUB repeater near Vulcan (Buffalo Hills)
VE6ONE with VE6TWO 444.975 MHz.
- the maintenance and installation of a phone patch on VE6TPA.
- The linking of VE6OIL to Vulcan. *
- The installation of link equipment at VE6SPR/FUN (now VE6BT/HB)
- The installation of a temporary link to Vancouver (VE7FVR). Nov.
- The installation of a home built controller at VE6OIL which
the north repeaters to the south repeaters. *
- The installation of a linked repeater, VE6GAS at Clive,
Edmonton on UHF.
- A `Swap-N-Shop' net through all linked repeaters.
- The installation of link equipment at Brooks (VE6EID).
- The installation of link equipment at Medicine Hat (VE6HAT).
- The installation of a linked repeater at Barons (VE6TRE).
- The installation of a repeater in Banff (VE6BNF).
- Designed, built and tested UHF drop equipment for first satellite
- IPARN / SARA, the first satellite link connecting two amateur
radio networks, Calgary to Vancouver via ANIK C.
- Installed UHF drop radio and antennas and assisted with Satellite
- IPARN / SARA, the first Satellite link full time. June 14/90.
- Built and tested pass-thru equipment for VE6BRC.
- The foundation of the Wild Rose Network.
- The installation of VE6WRO (formerly VE6ONE) on Livingstone.
- The installation of a Full Duplex link from VE6WRT (formerly
VE6WRO (formerly VE6ONE).
- The first phone patch in Southern Alberta that offers Calgary
reverse patch, and emergency calls.
- Plus many more other features.
- The installation of a full duplex link equipment at Banff and
- The linking of VE6BNF to the rest of the network.
- The installation and linking of Canada's Highest Repeater at
nearly 11,000 feet. Now at 9000 ft near Banff
- The installation of Calgary and Canada's first privately owned
D-Star System (CARDS) including high speed Digital Data.
- Calgary's first 1.2 GHz repeater (digital voice)
- The implementation of of Canada's first private DStar gateway (G1)
- The implementation of the G2 gateway system upgrade
- Dtsar repeaters on 2M,440,1.2 GHz,(digital voice and data)
- The list goes on....there are
many other projects that we are working on. If you are
interested, please get in touch with Dale / VE6CPK.
The WILD ROSE NETWORK supporters are gathering quickly and we would
like to hear any suggestions or comments you may have. We are here to
and have fun. Please send your comments or suggestions to Dale
Grant / VE6CPK. We all look forward to meeting you at our
gathering. Until next time...73's from the supporters of the WILD ROSE
NETWORK and CALGARY AMATEUR RADIO D-STAR SYSTEM (CARDS).
... Catch the Wave - The Wild Rose Network Wave ./\./\./\./\...